Audible, owned by Amazon, is a popular audiobook and podcast service. Many users sign up for an Audible membership to access their library of audio content. However, there may come a time when you need to cancel your Audible membership. This guide will walk you through the cancellation process.
When Should You Cancel Your Audible Membership?
Before rushing to cancel your Audible membership, here are some important considerations:
- Do you still listen to audiobooks regularly? Audible provides convenient access to thousands of titles.
- Have you tried modifying your membership plan first? You may be able to reduce your monthly fee.
- Are there audiobooks in your library you want to keep? Be sure to download them before canceling.
Reasons you may want to cancel your Audible membership:
- You've switched to a less expensive audiobook service
- You are unsatisfied with Audible's library or features
- You simply do not listen to audiobooks anymore
Carefully evaluating your usage and needs can help inform the decision to cancel your membership.
Step-by-Step Guide to Cancelling Your Audible Membership
Ready to cancel? Here is an easy step-by-step guide to canceling your Audible membership through different methods:
Method 1: Cancel via the Audible Website
Canceling through the Audible website is straightforward. Just follow these steps:
- Login to your Audible account on the website
- Navigate to the Account Details page
- Under Membership Details, click on Edit
- Select a reason for cancellation from the drop-down menu
- Click Submit to confirm the cancellation
You will receive an immediate confirmation that your membership has been canceled.
Method 2: Cancel via the Mobile App
Prefer to cancel via smartphone? Here is how to cancel through the Audible mobile app:
- Open up the Audible app on your mobile device
- Tap on the More icon (3 horizontal lines) in the bottom right
- Select Account from the menu
- Tap on Membership then Edit
- Choose a cancellation reason and confirm the cancellation
You will receive a confirmation on your mobile screen that the cancellation is complete.
Method 3: Cancel via Phone or Email
To cancel over the phone or email, contact Audible customer service:
- Phone: 1-888-283-5051
- Email: [email protected]
An Audible representative will take care of canceling your membership promptly.
|Audible Website||1. Login to account 2. Go to Account Details 3. Click Edit under Membership Details 4. Select cancellation reason 5. Confirm cancellation|
|Mobile App||1. Open the Audible app 2. Tap the More icon 3. Select Account 4. Tap Membership then Edit 5. Choose the cancellation reason and confirmPhone / EmailContact Audible customer service|
What to Expect After Cancelling Your Audible Membership
Once your Audible membership is canceled:
- Your membership benefits will stop
- Any unused Audible credits will be forfeited
- You'll still have access to purchased audiobooks in your library
- Your subscription will not renew on your next billing date
Audible may offer promotions to try to retain you as a member. Consider whether a modified membership plan could work before fully canceling.
Getting a Refund for Your Audible Membership
If you cancel your membership, you may be eligible for a refund for any unused subscription time remaining. Here is how to request a refund:
- Contact Audible customer service via phone or email
- Specify that you want a refund for any unused membership time
- Provide your account details
- Refunds are generally processed within 1-2 billing cycles
Be sure to request your refund before the cancellation takes effect in order to recoup any remaining membership fees.
FAQs: Cancelling Your Audible Membership
Can I get a refund for unused Audible credits?
Unfortunately, any remaining credits in your account will be lost when you cancel your membership. Make sure to use credits prior to cancellation.
What happens to my audiobook library if I cancel Audible?
The audiobooks you purchased will remain in your library permanently and you can download them before canceling.
Can I restart my Audible membership later?
Yes, you can resume an Audible membership anytime after cancellation by signing up again. Your previous library may still be accessible.
Can I cancel a free trial Audible membership?
You can cancel a free trial membership at any time by following the standard cancellation process through the website or mobile app.
The Bottom Line
Canceling your Audible membership is straightforward - just use the website, mobile app, phone, or email. Be sure to spend any remaining credits and download the audiobooks you want to keep. Carefully consider if modifying your membership could work before fully canceling.