Knowing your current Android Auto version is important to ensure you have the latest features and fixes. However, Android Auto updates don't always notify you of new versions. Follow these steps to easily view the installed Android Auto version on your mobile device.
Check Android Auto App Version in App Info
The quickest way to check the Android Auto app version is through the app info screen:
- Long press the Android Auto app icon to open the quick actions menu.
- Select App info.
- Scroll down and look for the version number near the bottom.
This displays the client version of the installed Android Auto app.
Alternative: Find the App Version in Settings
If you don't have an Android Auto app shortcut:
- Open your phone's Settings app.
- Tap Apps & Notifications> See all apps.
- Select Android Auto to open the app info.
- Look for the version at the top.
App Version vs Full Version String
The app info shows the client version number. This should match the version shown in Android Auto settings.
Check Full Android Auto Version in Settings
For the most detailed version info:
- Open the Android Auto app.
- Tap the 3-line menu > Settings.
- Scroll down and look at the bottom for the version number.
- Tap the version to see the full version string.
This view shows the complete Android Auto version details, including:
- Full client and server version numbers
- Versions of related services like Google Play Services
- Compatible app versions like Google Maps
- Vehicle Bluetooth version
- Android Auto permissions status
So if you need comprehensive version information, check it in the Android Auto settings.
Manually Install Android Auto Updates
Google rolls out Android Auto updates slowly. To get the latest version right away:
- Open the Play Store app.
- Tap the 3-line menu > My apps & games.
- Look for Android Auto under 'Updates available'.
- If there's an update, tap Update.
Checking for updates manually is the fastest way to get new Android Auto versions compared to waiting for the automatic rollout.
- View the app version in App Info or Settings > Apps
- See full version details in Android Auto Settings
- Manually install updates from the Play Store
- The version number doesn't always indicate new features
- Checking the version ensures you have the latest Android Auto
Knowing where to find your Android Auto version info helps you stay on top of updates and troubleshoot issues. Follow the steps outlined above to easily view your installed version on mobile.